I’m Ben Frain, an experienced web developer living in Cheshire, England.
I build responsive web sites and applications and I’ve written three web development books.
I’ve been developing for the web since 1998.
If you’re curious how I got into this game, the tools I like using and who I admire, Workspiration interviewed me here: http://workspiration.org/ben-frain
I’ve had the pleasure of discussing web development on a number of industry podcasts:
- ▹ Leanpub (September 2016). Talking about my odd path into web development, writing books and CSS architecture. Listen on iTunes
- ▹ Sass Bites (February 2015). Talking about Front-end architecture. Watch on YouTube
- ▹ Word-Break Show (January 2015). Listen on iTunes or direct
- ▹ CTRL+CLICK podcast (April 2014). Listen on iTunes or direct
- ▹ Upfront Podcast (June 2013). Listen on iTunes or direct
- ▹ ShopTalk show (April 2013). Listen on iTunes or direct
I occasionally speak about web development:
At the beginning of 2014 I spoke at the #McrFRED (Manchester Front-end developer) meet-up about embracing a philosophy for front-end development I’ve coined ‘Pin Cing Do’. You can view that talk here or read the ‘text’ version.
Back in 2013 I spoke at the 2013 CSS Summit about using the Chrome developer tools to troubleshoot CSS and Sass.