The publishers of my first book, Packt, have agreed to do a little giveaway competition for my own little site here. There are 3 electronic copies of my book ‘Responsive web design with HTML5 and CSS3‘ up for grabs.
I know, I know, you want to know what you need to do to get your hands on a copy of said item…
All you need to do is Tweet something (anything) positive that includes a link to the book’s Amazon page (it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out this is a publicity stunt, right?). Here is the Amazon link link: http://amzn.com/1849693188. The 3 people who get the most ReTweets on Twitter (assuming more than 3 people read this, obviously) between now and say… Thursday 9PM (I’m in Blighty so GMT) gets a copy. Just drop a comment below with a link to your post on Twitter and we’ll see who’s got most friends…
What’s it about?
What do you mean you haven’t heard of this ‘Responsive web design’ book? Here’s a quick rundown of what it covers…
- Responsive web design is the hottest topic in web design. Understand what it is and why it’s essential to master
- HTML5 is leaner, faster and more semantically rich. You’ll learn how to write HTML5 and understand all the key features
- CSS3 media queries allow different styles for different media, learn how to integrate them into a design
- Make web pages and the media within them ‘fluid’ – allowing them to flex when needed
- Ditch images and use CSS3 to create background gradients, text shadows, box shadows and more
- Use CSS3 3D transformations to flip elements in 3D space. Animate elements with CSS3 keyframes
- Create smooth CSS3 transitions between default and hover states with differing durations and timing functions
- Conquer forms – add validation and useful interface elements like date pickers and range sliders with HTML5 alone
My latest book, 'Enduring CSS' is out nowGet $5 off HERE ↠
Write and maintain large scale modular CSS and embrace modern tooling including PostCSS, Stylelint and Gulp